Announcing Lift 2.4
The Lift team proudly announces the availability of the final release of Lift version 2.4.
Lift is a powerful, secure and most matured web framework available today. There are Seven Things that distinguish Lift from other web frameworks.
Lift applications are:
- Secure -- Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including many of the OWASP Top 10
- Developer centeric -- Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to maintain
- Scalable -- Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world to handle insane traffic levels
- Interactive like a desktop app -- Lift's Comet support is unparalled and Lift's ajax support is super-easy and very secure
Read an overview of how Lift achieves these important goals.
Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
Lift 2.4 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Lots of enhancements to JSON support
- Record improvments
- Squeryl/Record support for Crudify
- Singificant enhancement to MongoDB support (including better support for reference records and binary fields)
- Support for BsonDSL (BSON types to JsonDSL)
- Significant enhancements to Mailer functionality
- Significant enhancements to the CSS Selector transformers
- Enhancements to Snippet resolution like sub-packages based resolution, Loc-based snippet resolution of Screen and Wizard, etc.
- Significant improvement to REST support including stateless Async/Continuations on Jetty 7, Jetty 8 and Tomcat/Glassfish
- Ability to get html5 compliant templates using data-lift attribute
- Numerous localization modules
A complete list of changes for all the milestones leading up to 2.4 final:
Please join the Lift Community and enjoy building awesome apps with Lift.
2013/05/12 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC6 of Lift.
2013/04/17 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC5 of Lift.
2013/04/03 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC3 of Lift.
2013/03/08 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC2 of Lift.
2013/02/22 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC1 of Lift.
2013/01/12 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-M4 of Lift.
2012/11/12 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-M3 of Lift.
2012/10/19 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-M2 of Lift.
2012/9/11 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-M1 of Lift.
In this workshop you will learn how to create dynamic, interactive, secure web sites using Lift. Courses are being held at SkillsMatter in London, UK, on December 3rd 2012.
Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
Lift In Action by Tim Perrett is available in print and eBook format.
Lift Web Applications How-to by Torsten Uhlmann is available in print and eBook format.