Announcing Lift 2.5-M3
The Lift team proudly announces the availability of the Milestone 3 release of Lift version 2.5.
Lift is the most powerful, secure and mature web framework available today. There are Seven Things that distinguish Lift from other web frameworks.
Lift applications are:
- Secure -- Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including many of the OWASP Top 10
- Developer centric -- Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to maintain
- Scalable -- Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world to handle insane traffic levels
- Interactive like a desktop app -- Lift's Comet support is unparalleled and Lift's ajax support is super-easy and very secure
Read an overview of how Lift achieves these important goals.
Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
A complete list of changes that made it into 2.5-M3 can be found at:
Make sure you have
value #> is not a member of java.lang.String
- LiftScreen: The FieldTransform API has changed.
If you had something like
, you now need to use:
FieldTransform(() => CssSel)
FieldTransform(BaseField => NodeSeq => NodeSeq)
Don't use defaultXml for template by default
This gives users a better out of the box experience. Override allTemplate to return savedDefaultXml to get the previous behavior.
- jsonCall: You now need to add type information to one of the parameters, for example, if you had:
, you can use the deprecated method that takes Any, as in:
SHtml.jsonCall(JsVar("paramName"), s => sendMessage(s) )._2.cmd
or you can use the new preferred option that uses Lift-json to parse the data, as in :
SHtml.jsonCall(JsVar("paramName"), (s: Any) => sendMessage(s) )._2.cmd
SHtml.jsonCall(JsVar("paramName"), (s: JValue) => sendMessage(s) )._2.cmd
- Modules moved to a new namespace: Please read this post which has details of this breaking change
Please join the Lift Community and enjoy building awesome apps with Lift.
2014/07/30 The Lift team is proud to announce Release Candidate 1 of Lift 2.6.
2014/06/19 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 4 of Lift 2.6.
2014/04/12 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 3 of Lift 2.6.
2013/11/20 Lift and BREACH: How Lift protects you, and how you can protect yourself
2013/11/08 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 2 of Lift 2.6.
2013/10/11 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 1 of Lift 2.6.
2013/07/15 A list of things new and noteworthy in Lift 2.5
2013/06/28 The Lift Cookbook is now available from O'Reilly.
2013/06/25 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5.1 of Lift.
2013/06/2 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5 of Lift.
Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
Lift In Action by Tim Perrett is available in print and eBook format.
Lift Web Applications How-to by Torsten Uhlmann is available in print and eBook format.