Announcing Lift 2.5-M4
The Lift team proudly announces the availability of the Milestone 4 release of Lift version 2.5.
Lift is the most powerful, secure and mature web framework available today. There are Seven Things that distinguish Lift from other web frameworks.
Lift applications are:
- Secure -- Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including many of the OWASP Top 10
- Developer centric -- Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to maintain
- Scalable -- Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world to handle insane traffic levels
- Interactive like a desktop app -- Lift's Comet support is unparalleled and Lift's ajax support is super-easy and very secure
Read an overview of how Lift achieves these important goals.
Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
Highlights of this release
- Lift version 2.5-M4 has been built for Scala 2.10!
- Couchdb-record is now a separate module.
- Memoize the value of a resource lookup for the duration of the request.
- LiftResponses now preserve all the headers.
- Upgraded Squeryl to version 0.9.5-6.
- Upgraded mongo-java-driver to version 2.10.0.
- Reprocess failed ajax requests.
There are a lot more changes that went into 2.5-M4. A complete list of changes can be found at:
Breaking changesCouchdb-record was moved to an external module This means that you will have to modify your dependencies to:
You will also have to rename your imports. Replace
GroupId: net.liftmodules ArtifactId: lift-couchdb version: 2.5-M4-1.1 //Note that the 2.5-M4 means the version of Lift that the module was built for.
Ensure equals method works properly with all Fields This was in 2.5-M3, but was not included in the braking changes. The problem is that before when there was no value set, Mongodb received defaultValue. Now problem is that it gets JNull if no value is set. Loading next time you get exception because Lift tries to parse JNull into something meaningfull If you application broke after this change, one solution is to use
override def optional_? = true
Please join the Lift Community and enjoy building awesome apps with Lift.
2015/01/11 The Lift team is proud to announce the release of Lift 2.6 Final.
2014/11/23 The Lift team is proud to announce Release Candidate 2 of Lift 2.6.
2014/07/30 The Lift team is proud to announce Release Candidate 1 of Lift 2.6.
2014/06/19 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 4 of Lift 2.6.
2014/04/12 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 3 of Lift 2.6.
2013/11/20 Lift and BREACH: How Lift protects you, and how you can protect yourself
2013/11/08 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 2 of Lift 2.6.
2013/10/11 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 1 of Lift 2.6.
2013/07/15 A list of things new and noteworthy in Lift 2.5
2013/06/28 The Lift Cookbook is now available from O'Reilly.
Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
Lift In Action by Tim Perrett is available in print and eBook format.
Lift Web Applications How-to by Torsten Uhlmann is available in print and eBook format.