Announcing Lift 2.1
September 24th, 2010
Lift is an elegant, expressive web framework that allows any size
team build and maintain secure, highly interactive, scalable web
applicationsquickly and efficiently. Lift is built on the Scala and compiles
to JVM byte-code. Lift applications deploy as WAR files on
popular application servers and web cotainers including Jetty,
Glassfish and Tomcat. Lift applications can be monitored and
managed with the same proven infrastructure used to manage and monitor
any Java web application. Lift is open source licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
Lift features include:
- Community... the Lift community is 2,000 members strong, super-active and always there to help with questions
- Best Comet (server-push) support that allows the creation of dynamic application such as Novell Pulse
- Super simple Ajax for creating highly interactive web applications without worrying about HTTP plumbing
- Secure by default... Lift apps are resistant to the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities including XSS, XSRF, and parameter tampering
- Concise and Maintainable... Lift apps typically contain fewer
lines of code than corresponding Rails apps, yet are type safe so that
many errors are flagged by the compiler
- Scalable... Lift apps scale to millions of users across many servers, yet are highly efficient for single-box implementations
- Compatible... Lift apps can take advantage of any Java library as well as the growing collection of Scala libraries
Lift 2.1's new features include:
- Support for Scala 2.8
- Improved NoSQL support for MongoDB and CouchDB
- Squeryl support
Lift-powered sites include:
- Foursquare -- the multi-million user location based service that will soon surpass 1M+ checkins a day on their Lift-powered system
- Novell Pulse -- enterprise collaboration software platform based on Google Wave
- Innovation Games: The fun way to do serious business -- seriously
- Xerox/XMPie -- the leading provider of software for cross-media, variable data one-to-one marketing
- Snapsort -- Compare and decide on cameras
- No Fouls -- Find pickup basketball games
2014/07/30 The Lift team is proud to announce Release Candidate 1 of Lift 2.6.
2014/06/19 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 4 of Lift 2.6.
2014/04/12 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 3 of Lift 2.6.
2013/11/20 Lift and BREACH: How Lift protects you, and how you can protect yourself
2013/11/08 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 2 of Lift 2.6.
2013/10/11 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 1 of Lift 2.6.
2013/07/15 A list of things new and noteworthy in Lift 2.5
2013/06/28 The Lift Cookbook is now available from O'Reilly.
2013/06/25 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5.1 of Lift.
2013/06/2 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5 of Lift.
Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
Lift In Action by Tim Perrett is available in print and eBook format.
Lift Web Applications How-to by Torsten Uhlmann is available in print and eBook format.