Get started with Lift. Build your first interactive Lift-powered app.
Join the warm, welcoming Lift community, ask questions, suggest features, have fun!
Get professional Lift support and consulting from the Lift committers.
Learn more about the people, who put their efforts into developing the Lift framework.
What is Lift?
Lift is the most powerful, most secure web framework available today. There are Seven Things that distinguish Lift from other web frameworks.
- Lift applications are:
- Secure -- Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including many of the OWASP Top 10
- Developer centric -- Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to maintain
- Designer friendly -- Lift apps can be developed in a totally designer friendly way
- Scalable -- Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world to handle insane traffic levels
- Modular -- Lift apps can benefit from, easy to integrate, pre built modules
- Interactive like a desktop app -- Lift's Comet support is unparalleled and Lift's ajax support is super-easy and very secure
Read an overview of how Lift achieves these important goals.
Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
Because Lift applications are written in Scala, an elegant JVM language, you can still use your favorite Java libraries and deploy to your favorite Servlet Container and app server. Use the code you've already written and deploy to the container you've already configured!
2013/11/20 Lift and BREACH: How Lift protects you, and how you can protect yourself
2013/11/08 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 2 of Lift 2.6.
2013/10/11 The Lift team is proud to announce Milestone 1 of Lift 2.6.
2013/07/15 A list of things new and noteworthy in Lift 2.5
2013/06/28 The Lift Cookbook is now available from O'Reilly.
2013/06/25 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5.1 of Lift.
2013/06/2 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5 of Lift.
2013/05/12 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC6 of Lift.
2013/04/17 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC5 of Lift.
2013/04/03 The Lift team is proud to announce version 2.5-RC3 of Lift.
Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
Lift In Action by Tim Perrett is available in print and eBook format.
Lift Web Applications How-to by Torsten Uhlmann is available in print and eBook format.